Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY April 14, 2010
Outside my window...
 It is going to be a beautiful day.  The sun is shining and the birds are singing.  I love Spring!
thinking...
of our routines and schedules. 
I am thankful for...
my mother.  Today is her birthday.  Happy Birthday Mom!
From the learning room...
We are back at it after a spring break during Holy Week and the week after.  C-Sunshine is finishing up various workbooks on this and that.  We have started a morning basket after I read about it over at Jen's.  It is working out nicely and gives us time together before we branch off first thing in the morning.  We regroup after lunch for our studies together of history, geography and nature.  I am forever moving towards a full Charlotte Mason learning style.  :) 
From the kitchen...
I am going to be making some spring/summer menu's.  I also want to try and plan a lot of crock-pot meals so that I don't have to heat up the house with the oven in the summer.
I am wearing...my blue floral PJ's. 
I am creating...still working on a scrapbook to present to my eldest daughter at her graduation from college.  Can't say much about it because she reads my blog.
I am going...
to see some of the many great friends that I left behind when we travel to Illinois in May.  Yes, excited here
.I am reading...
Creative Counterpart by Linda Dillow, re-reading Real Learning by Elizabeth Foss.
 I am hoping...
to finalize plans for the upcoming homeschool conference (wish list)
I am hearing...
the sweet songs from the birdies outside
 Around the house...
Still continuing to declutter and do some spring cleaning.
 One of my favorite things...
our DVR.  The only way to watch any kind of programming as a family.  We don't watch much, but it is so nice to be able to skip all the commercials!  We would not be able to ever watch any thing if we didn't have it. (not that that would be such a bad thing)
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Religion classes, art class, soccer game, Arbor Day celebration, birthday celebration with Nanny

Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!