Monday, November 8, 2010

Reflections on Learning Week 14

Here I am late again with my reflections on our learning last week. I seem to be a bit behind in posting and always a dollar short. I have given up posting in exchange for establishing some order around the house. I have been diggin' in and cleanin' out. I have even signed up for Flylady again - Yeeks - look out!

Any hoo, we did get some learning in there somewhere. Mostly the 3r's.

Outside activities included Explorer's co-op, our second Little Flowers club meeting, homeschool choir, CCD, Art Class and 4H Horse and Pony Club meeting. Whew....that's a lot. I had to cancel our planned middle school hayride and bon fire on Friday night for C-Sunshine. The girls were having too much fun playing and it was pretty far away. I don't regret that decision one bit. We so needed a home day. For a family that "home" schools, we seem to rarely be here. I need to follow Patty's lead and cut more activities out!

Here is C-Sunshine during art at our Explorer's HS co-op

Around the house.....pulling out Thanksgiving decorations and putting away Halloween. Trying to just locate the Christmas boxes amongst the gazillion boxes in the garage. I am planning to decorate the weekend of Thanksgiving this year. I downloaded my Flylady holiday control journal to keep on top of things this year. Anyone else flying out there?

Upcoming plans.......more of the same. Co-op, American Heritage Girls, choir, CCD, art and a day with nothing planned! Yeah! Oh, K-Doodle is also going in for her polio vaccine. That's another post.

Have a great week everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Kat, you really pack in the activities! I like the flyday program you linked to. I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. clicked on Fly Lady and the image had me immediately. Love her look and I could even imagine her voice:)

    Cleaning out feels good, doesn't it? You got a whole lot done there!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!