Saturday, June 11, 2011

Reflection of a Learning Week at the Beach

In the learning room................
We are slowing winding down.  Still have a few weeks left.  Just concentrating on the 3 R's.

A Faithful Household...... We will begin going to church in our new hometown soon.  My kiddos are a bit disappointed there is no VBS at our parish this year.  Hoping to find another VBS to attend.  We will really miss our church and Father Austin.

Around the house.......
We have a contract!  Finally.  We signed a contract on a house that was on our original House Hunting post. The one with no trees.  I guess we will be investing in some big trees to plant.  I love trees!  We are all happy to atleast have a plan of where we are going.  No one really enjoyed the house hunt around here.
  
In the Kitchen.....
I need to get back in there.  We have been traveling so much and eating out.  I have gained 4 pounds over the last week!  Stress eating and eating out.  Need to get back to the grindstone.  I want to make menu's for the next few weeks and start to use up some of the food in the freezer.  Moving in July, I am not sure what will last and for how long.

Out and about.......
We tagged along with Dad on a business trip to Pensacola Beach, Florida.  The beaches there are beautiful.  We spent more time at the pool than the beach.  We had to pay five dollars an hour for chairs and an umbrella and you know what?  I never had to pay more than five dollars!  The girls always wanted to head back to the hotel pool, which is right on the beach.
C-Sunsine and K-Doodle trying to find a wave big enough to "boogie" on.

A photo taken by K-Doodle while sunning herself!

Our hotel, which was the Hilton on  Pensacola Beach
Thinking about....and praying for....
I am thinking about our upcoming move.  I am praying for a smooth closing and an even smoother transition to our new home.  I pray for some stressfree days for my hubby.  I am updating our Relocation Control Journal and making a ton of list.

Visit Jen at Forever, For Always, No Matter What  to link up your homeschool week.  Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Florida always looks so warm and inviting! LOL We have ROCKY beaches here in Maine, but we do enjoy our lake swimming! I hope everything goes well with your new home! It looks beautiful! Stopping by from Forever, For Always, No Matter What!

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful, relaxing view!!! Praying in thanksgiving that you have a contract and praying that the rest of the transition is smooth. Sending big, big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your move goes well. We have been in the same home for 24 years, and I confess that moving would be a huge stress to me! Love the house. I agree about the big trees- a must.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!