Sunday, May 17, 2009

Looking towards the 2009/2010 School Year

As usual for this time of year, my thoughts have turned towards the next school year. With the arrival of all those catalogs and the scheduling of home school conventions, I can fight the will to plan, plan, plan for next year! Someone stop me!

In Georgia, we have a virtual academy that is available and I have been seriously considering giving it a try. It uses the K12 curriculum, but you have to deal with school control. You oversee the education, but have to abide by the school schedule, rules, etc... I am not sure that I can do that! That said, this is what I have planned for our homeschool staying as is. A HOME school.

What I am thinking:

Our 2009/2010 School Year


C-Sunshine – Fourth Grade

Language Arts

Language lessons for the Elementary Child – Book 1

with Language of God – Book C

Spelling Wisdom

Handwriting without Tears – Can Do Cursive

or Copywork

Explode the Code – Book 8

Math

Saxon Math 5/4 with Dive CD, moving into 6/5

Geography/History

Mapskills – Book D

Georgia Dailies – GA History

American History – Read A Alouds with Mom

History Notebooking

Science

Apologia – Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day (includes notebooking) or Switched On Schoolhouse 4th Grade

My Nature Journal with lots of nature study outside

Art

Artistic Pursuits

Picture Art Study - one artist each six weeks – picture study once a week, read about artist’s life briefly during the study.

Music

Piano Lessons

Composer study – one each six weeks – daily exposure, read about the composer life’s briefly during the study.

Foreign Language

Spanish – Power-Glide Junior


K-Doodle – Age 6

Language Arts

Language lessons for the Young Child – Book 2

Phonics Pathways

My First Pets – Phonetic Reader Series

Handwriting without Tears – My Printing Book

Math

Saxon Math 1

Geography/History

Serendipity Unit Study - Countries

The Peachy Georgia Coloring Book – GA History

American History – Read A Alouds with Mom

History Notebooking

Science

Apologia – Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day (includes notebooking)

Nature Drawing Notebook with lots of nature study outside

Art

Artistic Pursuits

Picture Art Study - one artist each six weeks – picture study once a week, read about artist’s life briefly during the study. (Using schedule by amblesideonline.org)

Music

Pianimals with Mom

Composer study – one each six weeks – daily exposure, read about the composer life’s briefly during the study. (Using schedule by amblesideonline.org)

Foreign Language

Spanish – Power-Glide Junior


Dance Lessons or Homeschool Gymnastic's Class

Homeschool Girl Scouts

Explorers Home school Coop


Please let me know what you think?

3 comments:

  1. I still think you should check out IEW (Institute for Excellence in Writing) ; )
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be crazy. But no we are more North up by Palm Coast. I love it here. We have missed rain so much that I had to take a picture of it as my picture thought. Thank you for visiting my blog today hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! i finally made it to your blog site! Very nice! I don't know how you find time to do it, but I like it. Your time at your mom's looks fun!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!