Well, recently a good friend explained how to coupon shop to me and I have been on a shopping trip or two. But, fell out of the habit rather quickly. We decided to get back in the habit and to bank all of our our "free" items from the "BuyOne, GetOne" deals out there. A few days ago I made the first trip to begin our food bank and here is the first stash to go into our vacation box. Not bad. Even have a spaghetti dinner and chips and salsa! Not a bad start. I get a lot of help from Southern Savers and IheartPublix. Our goal is to not use any household money, buts to eat off of all our free stuff for the week and use any gift cards (Pat and I both have birthdays in August) for dairy and meat. Any "cash" we receive for birthdays will go for gas for the trip.
My friend Patty over at ReasonsforChocolate recently did a post on her children's "Go Bags". I normally do "Go Bags" for my children, but need to be able to fill them "free" or almost free for this vacation. I had a few dollars from selling a homeschool book. I headed out to where my friend Patty found her treasures - Target. I was in luck. The summer items with the black dot were on clearance and half off (in the cheapo bins to begin with). I got some cute items which I can't list because C-Sunshine reads this blog. (I will sneak in a post closer to the trip)......
I love it when good things happen to good people! Keep us updated.
ReplyDeleteCheck out Restaurant.com and see if there are any restaurants you could eat at. You can get a $10 gift cert. for .80 right now with coupon code FUN
ReplyDeleteTami
Hey there, how is it coming with the food shopping/prep?
ReplyDeleteCheck out my newest post...I tagged you on it!