Monday, October 31, 2011

An All Hallows Eve Daybook Post

Happy Hallow's Eve!

Outside My Window – It's a bit gloomy and cloudy today.  Along with a chill in the air.  Setting the stage for an evening of spooky excitement to see what arrives at our doorstep with each trick-or-treater.

In the Learning Room – Today we are doing an abbreviated school day in anticipation of a busy afternoon of activity.  We will be doing the 3R's and saving the good stuff for the rest of the week.  :)  We are getting into a nice grove.  There is still a large amount of organization that needs to happen in the learning room.  Unfortunately we don't have enough table space or desk to get the job done.  Furniture hunting we will go.

In the Kitchen – We are cooking up a big pot of chilli and corn bread and have invited the neighbors over to warm up with a bowl during the hours of little goblin haunting in the neighborhood.  Because we live in a culdesac, we are hoping to get some neighborly conversation going.  We would love to get to know the people growing families around us.

Plans for the week– Today we will head out to a Trunk-or-Treat with our homeschool group.  We will then rush home to get the full decoration's out and dinner plans complete.  We do plan to walk the neighborhood with great hopes of finding sugar bliss!  I will try REALLY hard to stay OUT of the girls candy bags.  Lord, give me strength! Tomorrow is morning Mass and a celebration of All Saints Day.

Praying for - Those mommie's growing babies in their tums,  Patty over at ReasonsForChocolate  and Sarah over at AmongstLovelyThings.  
 
Thinking of – my husband and four daughters.  Of their needs and wants.  Praying that I can become the wife and mother that God intended me to be. (and like it.  Big grin:)

A Picture thought  I am sharing……..


Doesn't K-Doodle make the cutest paper doll?


1 comment:

  1. First off, thank you for the continued prayers. I think I have only 12 weeks to go!

    Second, that dinner sounds scrumptious!! I never thought to put corn bread with chili. I need to remember that one. It hasn't been that cold to make chili yet, but I think it will be here soon.

    Last, Tell K-Doodle that is a fantastic costume. Very original!! May need to keep that in mind for next year. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!