Sunday, February 8, 2009

Some Changes Going On

This is a look into our pantry. Notice anything different? I have recently taken some time to dig deeper into the benefit of eating whole, organic foods. I already knew that artificial colors really affected my little gal, D-Doodle. I have always been a fan of whole foods, but have recently been convicted to feed my family properly all the time. Not just when it was convenient. For us, this includes eating organic and local when we can. Because organic is more expensive, I sought out a local whole foods coop through the United Buying Club. I also found a local organic produce coop where we can pick up once a week. I can't believe the amount of fruits and veggies that I get for $43.00! One of the many benefits of living in the south. (Right next to all that Southern Hospitality)

Because organic food is more expensive, I don't buy as many convenience foods. I bake our bread, muffins, cookies, etc... This in itself is a benefit. This doesn't mean I don't buy a few boxes of Annie's Bunnies. :) I must say that K-Doodle in particular is affected by sugar she takes in when we are out and about. A little candy here.....and it gets her craving for sugar right back. She gets this honest... I have a love for sugar myself.

Doing a lot of baking has proven to take time. Well, duh! Between homeschooling, cooking, cleaning and now doing a lot of baking, I am looking into making a much better routine for our week. But that's a post for another day. I will be listed to great books I have been reading about foods soon. Wishing you all a great week. ~ Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!