Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook February 23rd


FOR TODAY February 23rd, 2010

Outside my window...
There are gray, low-lying clouds threatening to bring more rain today. There is a definite still and quiet in the air today.
thinking...
of K-Doodle's upcoming 7th birthday and party this weekend and the family get together that will follow the children's party. Planning activities and meals.
I am thankful for...
our good health. Even though we battle the occasional cold this season, we have been relatively healthy through this tough season. Thank you Lord for our good health!
From the learning room...
We have been plunging forward in our learning these past weeks. We are learning about flying creatures and Ancient Egypt. K-Doodle is learning to read and C-Sunshine is learning to write reports. We are beginning some Lenten activities and doing a lot of cuddling and reading these days.
From the kitchen...
I need to get in there and bake. My family wants something sweet and I am trying to have home baked goodies rather than store bought. Even store bought organic is not the same.
I am wearing...
black workout pants, white short-sleeved Tee and slippers. Don't tell!
I am creating...
A scrapbook of memories for my oldest daughter who will be graduating from college in May. I hope she doesn't read this!
I am going...
to a Classical Conversations open house tonight to see if it is a possibility for next year.
I am reading...
Catholic & Christian
I am hoping...
that the weather turns sun shinny and that we can spend some time outside this week.
I am hearing...
K-Doodle watching Magic School Bus.
Around the house...
Working on my 40 bags in 40 days for Lent. We are cleaning and clearing out the rest of the boxes and stuff from our last move this summer. Can't wait to get my van in the garage!
One of my favorite things...
Talking with my friend Jennifer on the phone or getting an email from her!
A few plans for the rest of the week:
homeschool co-op, religion classes, homeschool pottery class, art class, huge kids consignment sale this weekend and K-Doodle's 7th Birthday!
Don't forget to get your own Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy week. Your plans in the kitchen have inspired me. I think I'll bake some bread and simmer a pot of beans.
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!