We will be working on Chapter 11 in the Story of the World over the next week or so. I have put together some fun plans for this chapter and thought I would jot them down here to share.Lesson 1:
Read SOTW Chapter 11 - pages 87-89
Complete Map Work (in SOTW Activity Book)
Make painted hands (in SOTW Activity Book)
and decorate schoolroom door with African Art (the handprints)
Read a story from The Cow-Tail Switch
Lesson 2:
Read SOTW Chapter 11 - pages 89-92
Read Kingfisher History Encyclopedia - pages 30-31
Read Anansi and the Moss-Covered Rock
Make Anansi Spider Craft (in SOTW Activity Book)
Lesson 3:
Read SOTW Chapter 11 - pages 93-96
Read Usborne Book of World History pg. 82
Listen to African tribal music
Make instruments for an African Concert (SOTW Activity Book)
Final Day - Cooking an African Feast (In SOTW Activity Book)
Chicken with Figs
Papaya Stir Fried Rice
Fried Plantains
Date and Banana Bars
Date Chewies
Followed by an African Music concert for Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!