Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost
Friday, March 26, 2010
I Guess So....
Tonight K-Doodle asked if she and I could have ice cream cones and watch a movie when we got home from taking C-Sunshine to a friend’s house. “Sure thing”, I said. We stopped to get ice cream cones at the grocery store on the way home. After getting in the car, she asked “Can I eat an ice cream cone now?” “I guess so….” I said. “What does that mean, I guess so?” was her response. She had a confused look on her face. I told her that it meant yes. But it actually meant, no, but you can anyway. How many times I have used the expression. I guess so. We should not be guessing. We should not be giving permission, but attaching guilt to doing it. We should be giving direct decisive answers. Yes or no. Keep it simple. K-Doodle gets that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!