Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pre Conference Curriculum Plans

Since I will inevitably change my curriculum list for next year following the convention in April, I thought that I would post my pre-convention plans here on the blog and see how they change. Once I get into that vendor hall with all that eye candy (a/k/a new book choices!), plans change. So here is what I am thinking as of late.

C-Sunshine (age 10)
Math
Saxon 6/5 (although I really like Teaching Textbooks 6 too)
Language Arts
Language of God D (CHC)
Wordly Wise 3000 - Book ?
My Catholic Speller D (not sure if I will use this again)
Language Lessons for the Elementary Child - Book 2 (Queen)
Some kind of writing or just continue with natural writing (journal, letters, book reports)
Spelling Wisdom - we use this as copy work for handwriting so it is also spelling

K-Doodle (age 7)
Math
Saxon Math 2
Language Arts
First Language Lessons
Pathway Publishing - sweet phonics about an amish family
Explode the Code - Books 3-5
Handwriting without Tears Cursive
My Catholic Speller A (CHC)

Subjects we do as a family
History/Geography
The Story of the World 1 & 2
Mapskills E and B (CHC)
This Country of Ours by H.E. Marshall
Science
Exploring Creation with Zoology 1: Flying Creatures of the 5th Day (Apologia Science Young Explorers)finish up)
Exploring Creation With Zoology 2: Swimming Creatures of the 5th Day
Nature Study & Notebooking - atleast 2 times a week with monthly trips to a local nature center
Art & Music Study and Notebooking
Ambleside Online Artist Study - Free Charlotte Mason resource online
Ambleside Online Composer Study
Mater Amabilis Picture Study - Free Catholic Charlotte Mason resource

Okay, so those are my thoughts for now. Along with a family devotion time and bible study. Let's see how much they change. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!