Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An August Daybook Post

Outside my window...
A hot and sticky afternoon in Georgia. No breeze. Too hot for the bugs to even fly around.
thinking...
about our upcoming beach vacation and trip to Walt Disney for the first time. Exciting things to plan. All while trying to make it a "free" vacation. Just got the hotel in Orlando for "free" from my hubby's Marriott Rewards points. Yippee for that!
I am thankful for...
air conditioning and my old van. It's a 2004 and keeps on ticking. It doesn't look bad at all. My husband made it all clean inside (birthday present) and it gets me to where I need to go. I am so thankful I have a van that moves.
From the learning room...
It has been busy exploring American History and Swimming Creatures this week. The plans are coming together nicely. I am trying to put our Liturgical Plans for this week down on paper and will try to post soon. There is room for a little organization. My file crate is working great keeping up with those weekly printouts, experiments, coloring sheets, ideas..... I did label them Week 1-36 this year instead of dating them. This helps when we take an unexpected week off. No need to relabel them. I have also made a Home Learning Notebook with dividers to keep up with reading list, lesson plans, activity information, home school group info., etc... Everything in one place and NOT with the household stuff. Working much better than last year. I just need to make it pretty. Right now it is plain Jane white. You know I don't like that!
From the kitchen...
C-Sunshine made a batch of blueberry muffins this morning. I am just getting the three squares out these days. Need to work on Menu plans and try and bake and freeze for those busier days that are not far ahead. Thinking of baking....blueberry and blackberry muffins, oatmeal bake and some cookies to freeze and stow away.
I am wearing...blue jean capri's and a light blue top. Very plain. No makeup and it's almost 7:30 p.m., so it ain't gonna happen today. Sorry hubby.
I am creating...
a peaceful home environment. Finding everything a place and a place for everything. And creating a lot of bags to take to the Goodwill in the process.
I am going...
not too many places this week. Hoping to spend most days right here.......
I am reading...
Magnificat, daily. Also reading the Little Flower's Leader Guide. I am starting a new Little Flower Club at our parish in October. So looking forward to that!
I am hoping...
that my new iPad arrives soon. A birthday gift from my Dad. Thanks Dad, what a wonderful surprise. Now, to keep it away from the rest of the family!
I am hearing...
My girls giggling upstairs playing Nancy Drew. They just LOVE being detectives!
Around the house...
that garage is almost together. This week I hope to finish up. My dear hubby moved in a HUGE set of lockers. You know, the big huge school type lockers. Well, I have decided that C-Sunshine and K-Doodle need to decorate one and put there "go bags" in there for co-op, art class, etc... They are excited about that. I will try and post some pictures.
One of my favorite things...
the internet. I love reading blogs and keeping up with family and friends. I know there is bad with the good. But for our family, it's all good. I just wish society didn't have to deal with the bad. You know what I am talking about.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
home learning, church, planning, playing. Sunday we have a church breakfast and after our homeschool group is having a family picnic. Next week my oldest comes for a visit. Life is good!

Have a great week!
Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. Kat, What is "oatmeal bake?" I hope that it ends up being a lovely delicious healthy breakfast pan of goodness that is as tasty as a fruit crisp (but not technically a dessert!). I thought about making some crock-pot oatmeal the other day, but don't want to end up with the glue of my youth!

    Thanks for stopping by and jumping in the leaves at the treehouse, today! I love having visitors!! Climb on up any ol' day!
    -elm

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll need to tell me more about the Nancy Drew. You know, it is so hard to keep something safe in the hands of a tween these days.

    Had a good chuckle over the "I am wearing..."!

    I'm so excited you received the iPad! I'm more excited you are starting a Little Flowers group! Your girls will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!