This week was a productive week of learning. We added in our American History and Science. This year we are using Winter Promise American Story 1 as our core and adding in a lot of living books from Ambleside and MaterAmabilis to go alongside. Because I had American Story already, it was just a matter of pulling it out of the closet that made it so attractive. However, now that we are diving in, I really like it. I like having the lessons already planned out. What to read each day. I think I needed that break from Story of the World.
We also began our science program for this year. Exploring Creation With Zoology 2: Swimming Creatures of the 5th Day by Jeannie Fulbright. We are going to love this book. Ms. Fulbright has done a very nice job with the ocean creatures. My mother was so generous in buying us the Deluxe Experiment kit, sea monkeys and sea shells from Creation Sensation that go along. They just arrived yesterday and after looking through the experiment kit, it is well worth the expense. No more hunting down a red balloon and some AA batteries for an experiment. It's all there! We have a trip to the beach planned for early fall, so I am thrilled about exploring the ocean and everything in it. (oh, and so are the girls. :)
Here's a look back at some pattern block art and some quill writing by K-Doodle. :) Have a great weekend everyone!
Yeah! Glad it kicked off the way it did. How did she like the quill writing? It looks like fun.
ReplyDelete