Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So what's Baked Oatmeal anyway?

Well, my friend Elm wanted to know about Oatmeal Bake. It is just so yummy, that I am going to share. We sprinkle ours with brown sugar and cinnamon before we pop it in the oven. I also bake, cut up and freeze in squares. This makes for an easy breakfast on those school mornings. Enjoy!

Baked Oatmeal
2 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 c. melted butter

Mix all well. Bake in baking dish sprayed w/Pam for 20-30 minutes at 350 until golden brown. It's good served w/baked, spiced apples (like pie filling), peaches or milk or half & half. Kids who won't eat oatmeal like it. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! We do a recipe swap on Thursday. You will have to join in on this tomorrow. Watch my blog to get the link up from Teresa.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!