Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Getting Old

I just looked down at my hands hitting the keyboard. Bad idea. They look wrinkly and old. Who's are those? How did THAT happen? I sure don't feel any different on the inside, but my outsides are starting to scream "I am OVER forty!". I am not ready.

I realize that I have not been taking very good care of myself over the last 6 years or so. Not only am I GETTING older, but I am MAKING myself older by not taking the time to exercise, eat right, moisturize, condition, firm, de-stress and dress up those body parts that are going to take me through the rest of my years here on earth. Now, I am not a superficial person and don't believe that you should put yourself first (God belongs there) however, I think that I have been in last place so long that "The End" is embedded on my now rather large bum.

Six years and about sixty extra pounds is what I am facing. And I am not happy about it. I want my hubby to be able to walk about with someone who is proud of who she is and right now, that ain't me. I just realized something. I have homeschooled the past six years. The six years that I have slowly been deteriorating. Hmm... wonder what the connection is there. This is the same six years that we started eating organic, whole foods. The same year that I learned to bake some really good foods. Hmm.....

Anyhoo, just wanted you to be fore warned that some mommy's getting healthy post are forth coming. I want to feel like my hubby's "better" half. Not the larger one. :)

Wednesday's here at Pappa Doodles are going to become Happy and Healthy Mom's day. I am going to put a weekly challenge for myself to try and turn my unhealthy living around.
This week's challenge for myself is to take a multi-vitamin a day and drink at least two glasses of just pure water. If you know me, you know this will be a challenge. I am not a water lover. Sweet tea and coffee. Those are my liquids of choice.

So, there it is. My plan. I could use some prayers here. Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Kat~ you are NOT alone. I was advised on taking a balanced B-Complex. I love it. I did notice a difference. I also take Omega-3. Wow! That helped me with a brain boost. Since homeschooling and multi-tasking so much; being hit with a billion "mom, mom, mom" at once; I have had better brain function.

    Water is so important and I'm a slacker there. I will join in you this week with the two glasses of water (at least!) And I will think of you each time; raising my glass and giving you a spiritual toast!

    Way to go, Kat! I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, you aren;t alone. I'll start with the glasses of water too. and will pray for your perseverence (and mine) as well.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!