Weekly Wrap-up from Learning Week 11
3R’s – Just cruising along with language arts. I do need to introduce some kind of writing assignment other than narrations. I think we will write letters to shut-in’s next week and give them to Deacon Jim at church to pass out to those he visits during the week. I also want to do some kind of “seasons” project with Kaylee next week. She is figuring it all out, but I don’t think I have given her the opportunity for all the “cute zee” things that her big sis got to do at her age. We are going to work on that.
History – read in Liberty about minutemen and red coats. The colonist as getting ready to revolt! We actually only got one day of History in this week.
Science – the girls decided to make lap-books this week. Chloe downloaded a ton of stuff from the internet and made copies of things we had at home. She is working on an extensive lap book on ocean animals. Because she is a bit of a perfectionist, it might take a while to complete. We are currently studying Whales.
Art – Kaylee had art day about every day this week. She just LOVES to create. She has a “formal” art class on Thursday afternoon’s two hours each week. Both of the girls do and absolutely love it. I have always known that my girls were Artsy girls, but I am still blown away by all that they create at home and away.
Nature - Yeah, we actually got outside this week. We played outside, walked outside and this morning Kaylee and I just sat outside for about two hours. She spent her time making sketches of the trees and drawing pictures. I was actually being bad and typing lesson plans on the computer, but I WAS enjoying the outdoors. Especially since it was only about 62 degrees. I love Autumn!
Outside Activities – we had our first week of our homeschool “Explorers” co-op. They are studying China these six weeks. We also had American Heritage Girls, CCD, homeschool choir and today (Friday) we are at Disney On Ice – Toy Story 3! Picture forthcoming, I am sure.
Around the house – disaster. A good tidy is planned for the weekend along with the dreaded season changing of the guard with the clothes. Why do I DREAD that every season? It really doesn’t take that long, but I still dread it so.
Still struggling to find a rhythm these days. I am still preoccupied with outside activities ( being the Mom who leads, directs, plans). I need to pick ONE thing each year and that’s it. It truly is taking away from the things that I need to be doing for my family and the planning that I need to be doing for our homeschool. Will I ever learn?
Join in at Jen's Weekly Wrap Up
Looks like a great week! I dislike changing clothes out too, not a fun chore. Thanks for linking up again this week, have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteHey there! First, I have to say I love the new header picture and ALL the beautiful color on this post. It really popped out at me. The art are looked so soothing, a place where someone could just sit and create. I love that.
ReplyDeleteOur LIttle Flowers and Little Womens' group were postponed till next week due to a few families out with illnesses.
E & M are loving their choir, too. Something about children singing, isn't there?
Enjoy our weekend!