Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Our first Little Flowers Meeting

Well tonight was our very first Little Flowers Club meeting. We will meet once a month from October through June. We are actually meeting at our parish hall which makes it pretty convenient for us. I was a little nervous about the first meeting, but with the help of C-Sunshine who headed up the games, I think things went really well.

We had a total of seven girls ranging in age from 5-11. Our group is geared towards the 5-9 year old range, with C-Sunshine being the helper Little Flower. I am hoping to start a Little Women of Hospitality group for her next year. One step at a time.

The girls helped set up the room.

Photobucket

C-Sunshine organized some fun ice-breaker games.....

Photobucket

After having our introduction to Little Flowers, we discussed our virute of the month - Faith and our saint of the month - Saint Catherine of Sienna. Using the wonderful resources over at Shower of Roses, the girls scrapbooked a Faith page for their Virtue scrapbooks.

Photobucket

I attempted to make a delightful snack. These are sunflower cupcakes with a single sunflower seed in the middle. They looked "ok", but the girls LOVED them. So, I guess they were a hit. :)

Photobucket

We made flower windsocks that I purchased through Oriental Trading. They were listed over at Shower of Roses on her suggested crafts for Wreath One. I find such great ideas over at Jessica's and plan to go visit her blog often!

Photobucket

We had such fun with a great group of girls. We are all looking forward to next month.

2 comments:

  1. how wonderful. your first mtg was a success. I'm excited to atart a LFGC at our parish -- it looks like it may be next Fall. love Jessica's resources too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at C-sunshine! A natural born leader. So glad it went well. We just started a little women's program this fall.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!