Sunday, October 17, 2010

They are in Love......


with Buster! On Saturday morning, my friend Robin meet us at her stables and gave the girls an introduction to horses and then took them for a ride. Her horse's name is Buster and he is a 14 year old quarter horse and quite the gentleman. He stands about 14.2 hands. Both C-Sunshine and K-Doodle rode him around the ring, but C-Sunshine actually got to ride him alone, holding the reins and guiding him on her own. Of course, Robin was not too far away.

C-Sunshine has joined the Horse and Pony club this year with our local 4H club. So she is excited about learning more about horses. She LOVES horses and has them all over her room. She reads about horses, fiction and none. I am glad that she is getting the opportunity to be around them, learn to ride and experience life with a horse. I always loved horses too, but never got the opportunity to learn to ride or be around them first hand. One of the joys of learning at home. We get to cater to the child!


K-Doodleehad no fear whatsoever. Both girls were very comfortable around Buster and had a great time. Thanks Robin!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a beautiful day to out and about on horseback! Just last night a dinner our kids were talking about how they wanted to do this again. I need to get going on finding a place. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, those are beautiful pictures! I love the new header picture (again!) Looks like a beautiful day and the scenary was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!