Thursday, December 9, 2010

An Early December Daybook Post


Outside my window...
A cooler, very sunny day outside. That sun is deceiving. It was only 21 degrees this morning.
thinking...
about Advent and Christmas. How that this year, I am totally unprepared and not stressing about it. I am busy enjoying the family and doing things together. I am sure the panic will set in, but I am hoping to retain the peace of knowing that all the hub-bub is NOT what Christmas is. Celebrating the birth of Christ is. And he doesn't care about all that other stuff.
I am thankful for...
that C-Sunshine is feeling better today after battling the flu for the past four days, running a 104.7 temp at one point!  All our plans for the week were put on hold.  No busyness.  I have had time to do laundry, read to K-Doodle, make list for future Christmas shopping.  A chance to stop and breathe.  In between caring for the stomach distress that came along with the flu bug.  Yuck.
From the learning room...
Just K-Doodle and Mom in there this week.  We are working with phonics, doing some First Communion notebook work and math.  Oh, and lots of cozy reading and hot chocolate.

I am wearing...PJ's
I am creating...
gifts for the girls for Christmas..  Can't mention here.  They read this blog.
I am going...
to get to go shopping tonight.  Pat is going to stay with the girls and I am going to buy some crafting supplies to make gifts using this idea from Patty over at Reasons for Chocolate.  I am going to make these for several family members and CCD teachers.
I am reading...
recipes
I am hoping...
that no one else gets sick.  My hubby has a bad cold, C-Sunshine has the flu/stomach bug, whatever it is.  K-Doodle and I have washed our hands so much they are cracking.  :)  Today I am boiling the sheets and Lysoling everything, including C-Sunshine and my hubby.  (not really, but I have thought about it.)
I am hearing...
a Christmas movie the girls are watching on Netflix,
Around the house...
Tidying and dragging out more decorations for the Advent season and Christmas.  The tree is up, but that is about it.  I am too sleepy.  I need more coffee.
One of my favorite things...
a day at home with no plans.  My girls like this too.  Hmmmm......what does that tell me.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
If we are well, homeschool choir practice and then performance.  We missed the Little House Christmas play today and tea with friends.  I am not really sad about that.  Why is that.  I plan to "dig in".  Get the fixin's for the season, sip tea, wrap presents, listen to Christmas music, go to Mass and work on lesson plans for next week.
Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. YOu are so right on your thinking about what the meaning is. Glad you liked the gift idea. I need to make one more myself. We have had a super busy week...and once I get through, all will be better...I think :) It has been busy, but I do not dread it. Just meeting it head on and getting through. Have a great weekend and glad your little is on the mend. Poor girl!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!