C-Sunshine and K-Doodle are both progressing nicely with Language Arts and Math. I am still using the leftover K12 phonics with Kaylee. I don't really like the K12 "online" stuff, but for us, the phonics is sock solid and works nicely. For someone who doesn't really like a "structured" phonics teaching style, we need it. K-Doodle has really progressed this year and just LOVES to read. C-Sunshine continues to work through Language of God, Language Lessons for the Elementary Child and now...Writing Strands. I just love, love Writing Strands. And so does C-Sunshine.
We actually did History this week and got to the Declaration of Independence. Finally! I am taking on the mantra of Nike, "Just Do It!" Just DO History or just DO science. We plan to do our science experiment tomorrow and finally move out of seals. I will keep you posted.
Around the house.......
Finally hung curtains in our living room after 18 months of living here. I like 'em. I will snap a picture soon.
I am continuing to try and organize a scrapbook area for myself. I want to get back to making those memory albums for the girls. It is a fun hobby for me and they love to look through them. Feeling guilty when I spend time scrapbooking. I shouldn't though. Everyone needs to have a hobby. Something BESIDES looking through homeschool catalogs. :)
Outside the house.......
It all started back. We went to homeschool co-op where we began a unit study on Medieval Times, an American Heritage Girls meeting, CCD and art classes. We did not make it to homeschool choir. We are trying to decide if we want to go back. We are on the run so much, that we might just cut it out. K-Doodle wants to continue to go, but C-Sunshine could take or leave it. What to do.
Today we went to downtown Atlanta for a mass for the Unborn Children. Then we participated in the Right for Life march. I will be posting about this incredible day soon. Until then...here is a pic I will share.
How was your week? I will be back soon with all the details from our day at the capital. For now, I just need a nap!
Visit Jen and link up your homeschool week. Have a great weekend!

Visit Jen and link up your homeschool week. Have a great weekend!


Way to go on the March! You sound as though you certainly had a great week in school. I a big believer in phonics. Big believer! We take phonics through 5th grade. I'm always amazed at how much I'm (re)learning those skills.
ReplyDeleteGlad you have some curtains. I still need some for the front office but just never get around to purchasing any.
Have a blessed weekend!
Sounds like a great week. Going to mass and the march are awesome things to do!! That is real life learning.
ReplyDeleteI just returned home from a weekend of scrapbooking! It was fun to get away for a bit, but felt even better to get some of those pictures in albums. So glad you and the girls went to a Right to Live march, what an awesome experience for you all. Thanks for linking up again this week, I always enjoy seeing what you are doing!
ReplyDelete