First let me explain our absence from blogosphere. Or should I say mine. C-Sunshine has been blogging right along. I needed some time to concentrate on home and family. We were also running around alot doing this and that. Even if nobody missed reading about us, I do miss having the record of our lives. So, here goes!
In the learning room................
We were back at it after a spring break and camping trip. Both girls are getting close to finishing Language Arts, but for some reason, we ALWAYS are behind in Math. :) I think we will be schooling well into the summer doing more of a "year-round" school schedule this year. I do plan to take a 3-4 week break around the middle of June. I really need the break to revamp and do some planning. I am suffering from a bit of burn-out these days.
In addition to schooling, my attention has turned to the multitude of homeschool catalogs that have arrived in the mail for next year. I am having a hard time concentrating on the present. My mind is drifting to what we will be exploring next year. What to buy, borrow............I love to plan. I just stink at closing the "deal". The school year.
A Faithful Household...... We have been busy working on K-Doodle's First Holy Communion notebook and prep. C-Sunshine has gone through Altar Server training and will serve for the first time this weekend. While I am generally not found of "female" servers, our parish is in desperate need of anyone to serve.
We are using Lent to work on projects for others and have more prayer and faith filled days.
I am looking for ideas for filling Easter baskets this year. Have any? I know someone has posted about Catholic Easter baskets before. But where was it?
In addition to schooling, my attention has turned to the multitude of homeschool catalogs that have arrived in the mail for next year. I am having a hard time concentrating on the present. My mind is drifting to what we will be exploring next year. What to buy, borrow............I love to plan. I just stink at closing the "deal". The school year.
A Faithful Household...... We have been busy working on K-Doodle's First Holy Communion notebook and prep. C-Sunshine has gone through Altar Server training and will serve for the first time this weekend. While I am generally not found of "female" servers, our parish is in desperate need of anyone to serve.
We are using Lent to work on projects for others and have more prayer and faith filled days.
I am looking for ideas for filling Easter baskets this year. Have any? I know someone has posted about Catholic Easter baskets before. But where was it?
Around the house.......
Again, lots to be done. I noticed that Sarah over at Amongst Lovely Things had listed "A Tidy House" on her list of things she was grateful for. Isn't that the truth! The state of our house drastically affects the atmosphere in our home. I am on crutches at the moment from trying to jump over a creek during AHG camp (long story). This has caused a back up of laundry, general cleaning, etc.... The girls are doing a great job helping, but I will be glad to be back on my feet again. And the hubs is always happier when the house is clean and there is food on the table.....before 8 p.m.
In the Kitchen.....
I really need to work up a menu. I do really well with food prep when it is on paper. For the last couple of weeks, I have neglected menu planning and find myself digging in the freezer at the last minute with no idea what to do with a frozen pork loin at 4:30 p.m. Maybe this is part of homeschooling burnout?
Out and about.......
We went camping with our American Heritage Girls troop the first part of the week. You know, the part of the week when a torrential down pour, along with thunder and lighting and high winds whipped through. We were shaking in our tents. I was standing holding the flap shut so that it wouldn't blow open and pour rain all over us. The storm that last four hours!!!!!! Note to self: NEVER go camping when there is a possibility of thunderstorms again.
After camping, we tried to stay home. Not only because I am now on crutches, but because it is spring break for the public schools and frankly just too many people out and about. Does that sound a little homeschool snobby?
Thinking about....and praying for....
My husband and his busy schedule at work. Praying that his stress level stays low and that he finds a rythum to his work, church and family life. I am also so grateful for the week we had to share as a family at the beach. Oh how I miss the sound of the ocean.......
Visit Jen to link up your homeschool week. Have a great weekend!


Wow, you have been busy! I hope your injury heals quickly :) I have started throwing away the homeschool catalogs because they are such a distraction. My Easter Baskets are always somewhat boring! This year they are getting new water bottles plus some healthy snacks. They will get their candy fix from the Grandmas!
ReplyDeleteI missed reading your blog! I do enjoy C-Sunshine's. She kept me filled up with the happenings around the Pappa Doodles household:)
ReplyDeleteI really think if a homeschool mom isn't feeling burnt out at this stage, they are just a stronger human than all the rest. I was sitting here thinking all day how I do not want to school tomorrow...or the next...or the next. I want summer break now :) But, I just revert back to the Little Engine that Could and keep telling myself, "I think I can! I think I can!"
Hope your injury heals quickly. Maybe you all could come to TX for a visit? You'd have a place to stay:)