Friday, April 29, 2011

Not so Patiently waiting.............

I feel as if life is passing by, but I am not participating.  At least that is how I feel a lot of the time lately.  Things are just "up in the air", and I am NOT that kind of gal.  I like a plan.  On paper.

I guess you can tell that we are still in limbo.  We are waiting to be contacted by the relocation department of my husband's company so that we can proceed with house hunting, then the move.  The dreaded move.  Oh, did I just say that?  I do mean to stay positive.  REALLY I do.  It's just hard to sometimes.  It's hard for the hubs to.  He is driving about two hours each way, each day.  He does not want to put the family through another move either.

We are considering staying in the same county where we currently reside, only way on the eastern side.  It would shave about 45 minutes from hubby's commute, but would allow the girls and I to stay connected with our current homeschool activities and friends.  I like that idea.  So, what's the problem?  The problem is that hubs would still be traveling over an hour one way to work and we would loose the connection that we currently have.  He use to come home everyday for lunch.  He was only 4 miles away.

So, I am torn.  Should we try to stay as close as we can to activities and friends in this area?  or should we try to move closer for hubs.  The area's closer to his new work place are not as "inviting" as where we are now.  We do live in a great, family-oriented part of Georgia, close enough to the city for fun.

I know you are all going to tell me to pray about it.  And I have.....and I will.  But, can some of you share how far your hubs has to travel, if it is a huge negative, and things that I should consider?  Thanks ever so much.  I do enjoy reading your comments.

1 comment:

  1. First, Happy EAster, Kat!! I hope you had a beautiful day. Glad to hear you are escaping the bad weather.

    I have had you in my thoughts and prayers, Kat. I know how terribly hard this can be and I do not envy you.

    The price of gas is so out of control and it looks as though nothing will be done with it anytime soon. That has been very difficult on David. Last week, he drove all over the DFW and still filled his tank 3 times!!! Between our van and his small Ranger, we are spending $200 a week on gas - $800 a month! Outrageous! I try not to drive that much and if I have to go out, I try very hard to consolidate my stops.

    (He'd like a bigger truck to fit his almost 6'4 frame, but the cost of gas on a bigger truck...oh my!)

    I wish I had some other words to cheer you. Hang in there sounds so insignificant.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!