As I am maturing in my role of "home-educator", I am finding that I favor the Charlotte Mason style of teaching. It is also the style in which my children thrive. It is a gentler method. I thought I would share our progress in moving more inline with her style. We will keep using things that are working with the more traditional materials, but I would like to give my girls the love of learning and fill their minds with real "living" books.Our daily routine does change from time to time, still trying to find that perfect rhythm for our day. I must say, now that I have a few years of homeschooling under my belt, it is easier to just scratch things and find what works. The education of the "whole child", starting with the heart.
Here goes:
K-Doodle (Kindergarten)
Winter Promise LAK - (I am really liking this program and she is doing well with it.)
Saxon Math 1
Human Body Children's Encyclopedia - Science
Handwriting without Tears K
Alphabuddies - we love these
Lots of arts and crafts
C-Sunshine (3rd or 4th grade. Does it really matter? :)
Spelling Wisdom - I love this!
Explode the Code 7 & 8
Primary Language Lessons
Language of God for Little Folks
Handwriting without Tears Cursive
Saxon Math 3 and about to start 5/4
Both Girls
Winter Promise American Story 1 - (Although we like this program, we are missing Story of the World. We will probably not be continuing next year and will switch back to Story of the World. Why must I try new things when what I am using is working? :)
Nature Study
ARTistic Pursuits
Artist Study*
Composer Study*
Using schedule from amblesideonline.org
Homeschool Gymnastic Class (PE Class)
Homeschool Art Coop (We start this week!)
Girls Book Club - we are starting this in our area at the end of the month.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!