Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sew What ?!?

The girls have had a marvelous opportunity to take a sewing class over the last few weeks from an older homeschool girl in the area we are about to move to.  I signed the girls up thinking that they would be able to meet some other homeschooling girls in the town we are about to move to.  This would make the hour and twenty minute drive (one-way) worth it.  Well, there is only one other girl, but WOW!.....what a fantastic instructor this 17 year old is!  What a blessing for my girls...cause.....Momma can't sew!
K-Doodle in action!

C-Sunshine sewing along.....

K-Doodle did marvelous!  At 8 years old, she was sewing like a 12 year old!  So independent is she!


K-Doodles complete her apron, but C-Sunshine's had a little more detail and she didn't quite finish.  I will post a picture of their projects next week after their final lesson.  They had a lot of fun in this class.

And you know, driving there each week has made the area become very familiar.  Comfortable.
 Like a shoe that you are breaking in.

I think we are going to be okay..........

1 comment:

  1. I really want to learn how to sew! I need to add it to my life bucket list. So glad your girls had the experience. Hope that new leather toughness softens soon!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!