In the Learning Room...... We have been in a good rhythm with our schooling lately. Still moving forward with Story of the World Two and Zoology 3 - Land Animals. I am so glad that we are studying history again and not just geography. So are the girls. I am trying to muster up some excitement for lessons but it is slow coming. I don't know if it is the winter blues or what, but some days, everyone just wants to get the reading finished and be done with it. Forget those fun projects and coloring sheets! However, they are an important part of learning. Especially for my hands on K-Doodle. So I plan to improve greatly here.
Around the house....... I am just trying to maintain order. Trying to keep the laundry monster tamed. We are doing some painting here and there that we didn't get around to when we first moved in over the summer. That just might be a Pin-It post soon!
Around the waist....... Too much flab! I will begin posting about weight loss soon. I will be linking up with a Weightloss Wednesday. I have sixty pounds to lose!
Faithful Family...... After reading Sarah's post about P.A.C.E., I ordered a copy to use instead of Faith and Life. We have used Faith and Life for years, but it has gotten rather...dry...and well.. b.o.r.i.n.g. I just received my copy in the mail and like what I have read so far. Look forward to beginning next week after I have made a few plans with it. Thanks Sarah! In addition, I am working on liturgical plans for February through Lent. Hope to post some of those soon.
Praying for..... My dear friend Patty who is carrying her little bundle of Joy. She is scheduled to deliver this bundle on the 26th. Praying for a peaceful, painless delivery and a healthy baby.
Plans for the week....
Rain....American Heritage Girls, Religion classes, Children's Choir practice, going to an opera of Hansel and Gretal and lunch with some homeschool friends, a planning meeting for a middle school group science class next year and our homeschool fine arts co-op classes on Friday. Busy week ahead.
We are so blessed here. And so grateful to God for all those blessings.
Have a wonderful week.
A Picture worth sharing.....
![]() |
| C-Sunshine and K-Doodle with Grangan at Peter Pan on stage! |

Great post, Kat! Oh boy, we have that same laundry monster to tame around here:) I have never heard of PACE so going to check that out...We use Faith and Life as well. Just saw that your girls are involved with American Heritage Girls. I am involved with starting one here at our parish and so excited! We almost have the paper work ready to submit. Look forward to comparing notes in the near future:) I am joining you in prayer for that precious Patty and baby Joy! God bless your week:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for all of your prayers!! I reminded the kiddos entering Mass yesterday morning to keep Mommy in their prayers. The entrance song was Be Not Afraid! Can you believe it? I also received a blessing from our priest after Mass. Felt at peace.
ReplyDeleteLove those days when you just lounge in the pj's. Here here to homeschooling!
I am looking forward to hearing what your plans for Lent our. Last year I was definitely in a spiritual desert. This year, I haven't thought much about it...just trying to get through deliver day. I'm in need of some fresh new ideas!
Be careful in that weather!