
This weekend, we spent hours outside together as a family picking blackberries. It was pretty hot and sticky, but we found a good patch and had fun picking. Atleast until the plants and their prickers started attacking us! Advice if you are going to pick blackberries - where long pants and long shirts and spray with a non-toxic bug spray. If you don't, you WILL get chigger bites!

K-Doodle out in the blackberry patch trying to find a good spot. All these blackberries actually grow in our neighborhood everywhere. There are still a lot of vacant lots (can you say recession?) so we have a lot of blackberry patches living in those spaces. Yeah for us!

Picking just the right one........

C-Sunshine taking a taste.....

The harvest. We actually got about 30 cups of blackberries. So what do you do with all those blackberries?

You make blackberry muffins!



and can some blackberry jam!

MMmmmmm! I wish we lived near you! I haven't picked blackberries since lived in Springfield. Your food pictures made me hungry! When I saw the outdoor shots...I couldn't help but think how beautiful God's creation is...even empty lots!
ReplyDelete