Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A June Daybook Post

Outside my window...
Another incredibly sunny and hot, sweltering humid day here in Georgia.....
thinking...
about summer plans and already my thoughts are towards school plans for next year.
I am thankful for...
All of my daughters. Each one brings something different into my life. They are joyful, playful, funny, smart and quite entertaining. And I am not just talking about the little girls here. Daughters turn into your bestest friends. I like that....
From the learning room...

do we have to talk about that? The "Learning Room" has been transformed into a mini version of our VBS from last week. The girls have put up props everywhere and are having fun playing store, town, ship, and whatever else their little brains are coming up with. So, for now the Learning Room is all about the summer fun and play.
From the kitchen...
Will be baking this week. Just pick about 8 cups of blackberries and have plans for some blackberry muffins and cobbler. Need to bake and freeze.
I am wearing...clue jean carpi's and a white tee
I am creating...
summer fun "plans". Not really plans, just jotting down ideas that we might want to look into, places to investigate, etc. No agenda here.......no REALLY.
I am going...
to be late for swim lessons if I don't turn this computer off.
I am reading...
Still re-reading A Mother's Rule of Life. I am also reading Simplicity Parenting.
I am hoping...
to create some alone time with my hubby. I haven't been in "wife" mode much lately. I need to stop thinking like a teacher and more like a loving, dotting wife. (Did I just say that?) No really, I want my hubby to know that I love him and he IS the world to me. Not just someone to share my kids with, but to share MY life with.
I am hearing...
my girlies playing upstaris in their bedrooms with their cousins who are here for a week. They are having so much fun.
Around the house...
I am trying to run my dining room nothingness (we don't use it for anything but a catch all room), into a peaceful, tranquil Mom room. I would like to be able to scrapbook, blog, letter write, etc... in that space. Bought a table off a friend last night for twenty bucks at my Meal Making Club. Hoping to make it into a crafting happy place.
One of my favorite things...
My card organizing that came prefilled with all kinds of cards. It has saved me a lot over that last few months!
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Swim lessons, free movie day, bible study and swim, lots of playin' with the cousins and hopefully that alone time. :)
A Picture Thought I am sharing....
I am hoping that you can see the bunny, squirrel and dove all enjoying spilled birdseed together in my parent's driveway over the weekend. I will try and crop it and repost. It was so cute to watch. Have a great week!
Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. Have a blessed week. How fun it is to recreate VBS in your home. Such wonderful memories.

    Jill

    http://blessedwith5sons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the girls have fun with their cousins. I can just picture them! Sooo sweet about being a more attentive wife. I've been feeling the same. You are a very smart woman to recognize that. Very smart!

    P.S. I'm needing some help with "goody bags" for the kids and a car trip coming up. You blogged about them once while prepping for your last car trip to Illinois. I posted you in my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line or two. I would love to hear from you!